Water Filter Pitcher at Home Depot List:
Just like you, we love shopping at Home Depot too. Here is a quick list of the top water pitcher filters before you make the trip to your local Home Depot store (we did the research for you!!). As you may be aware, filtering your tap water has never been more important than now. Why? Because due to better and less expensive water contaminant testing, we now know that the tap water in the United States is across the board sub par to say the least (yikes!) If you are curious and want to see exactly what’s in your tap water, visit Environmental Working Group's tap water database and enter your zip code. https://www.ewg.org/tapwater/
While it can be alarming to see what is really in your drinking water, having that information puts you in a good position to do something about it (Knowledge = Power). Now you know exactly what contaminants your filters need to be taking out! So check out the list below and buy online. We hope you can find something that best suits your needs! And yes, we included our water filter pitchers are on this list too because they are mean contaminant eating machines.
- Epic Pure Water Filter Pitcher: Dang, that pitcher is legit! This is our solid carbon block pitcher filter that is focused on removing fluoride from the water as well as 200+ more tap water contaminants. All filters are replaceable and tested to the highest industry standards. Our pitcher filters are tested for and exceed NSF/ANSI Standards 42, 53, 401, & P473 for contaminant reduction (see Pure Filter Test Results for more). With each filter capable of purifying 150 gallons or 568 litres (and yes, the English spelling is Litres, look it up) of water, the Epic Pure Pitcher is also a great economical choice saving your pocket book and the earth from single use plastic water bottles. (See on our site here)
- Epic Nano Water Filter Pitcher: Boom!! A few years back, the United States was hit back to back by massively destructive hurricanes in Texas and Puerto Rico. That ignited something within us and we decided in that moment to design a pitcher that would remove bacteria, viruses, and cysts so that it could be used in emergencies but would then translate back into everyday use. How did we do it? We used our proprietary nano filter media in a water pitcher, which had never been done before (High 5!). And this provides a great option for those at home with well water, so you don’t have to come face to face with disaster to make use of this new filter. (See on our site here )
- Brita Water Filter Pitcher: This pitcher has been around for a long time and has not changed much since it was first introduced. The filters are very inexpensive and you can find even cheaper knockoffs online if you are feeling risky! The pitcher uses a GAC filter and you know how we feel about GAC filters :) But Brita is a trusted brand, and while it’s not necessarily stellar on the contaminant removal front, a lot of users report that it greatly improves the taste of water. See at Home Depot here.
- Pur Water Filter Pitcher: If Brita is the grandpa of this water pitcher filter at Walmart list, then Pur is probably the old uncle. Like Brita, Pur hasn’t made many improvements to their design, and they also use a GAC type carbon filter in their pitchers. It’s definitely better than nothing, but we believe that filters should do a lot more than a GAC can, and there are plenty of other options that do. Pur calls their water pitcher filter "Classic" and we could not agree more. See on Home Depot here.
- Zero Water Filter Pitcher: If only a $2 TDS meter from China could show you how good you water quality was then this water filter pitcher would be a hit. Ever notice in their clever marketing that they never say a higher level of TDS is bad for you or that lower TDS equals less contaminants? That is because it does not. TDS stands for Total Dissolved Solids which is related to the total charged mineral content of water, it does not measure chemicals, pesticides, PFCs, herbicides or other contaminants that are found in your tap water. (Great Article Here) See on Home Depot here.
This Water Filter Pitcher Home Depot List was super fun. We hope you find the water pitcher you are looking for and if your decision comes down to a tie, you should pick Epic Water Filters because we are clearly more fun than the other water pitcher filter Home Depot brands on this list!
Jessica B.A Colorado based blogger and writer.